Engaging in Knowledge Mobilization

Below are posters and presentations such as poster and conference sessions, honor’s defenses, exhibitions, or performances. Publications or co-publications of articles, reviews, studies, or academic notes in journals or any venue recognized by the student’s discipline; reports submitted to a formal academic or professional body; a juried performance or an exhibition.  Other modes of dissemination may include podcasts, YouTube videos, blogs, webinars, and infographics/mapping. 

• ‘Quantification of Ethanol in Commercial Hand Sanitizers by Fourier Transform Infrared Spectrometry and UV-Visible Spectrometry’ Poster for the TRU Undergraduate Research Conference (2022)
  • This project was done under the supervision of Dr. Kingsley Donkor when I worked as a research assistant.
  • ‘Analytical Method for Quantifying Tetrahydrozoline Found in Eye Drops Using Capillary Electrophoresis’ Poster for the TRU Undergraduate Research Conference and the Canadian Chemistry Conference and Exhibition (2023)
  • This was the project related to my UREAP scholarship.
  • The Undergraduate Student Poster Award: Honorable Mention Awarded by the Analytical Chemistry Division of the Chemical Institute of Canada (2023)
  • Award was given at the Canadian Chemistry Conference and Exhibition (2023) for the project listed above.
  • ‘Isolation of Bacteriophages from Sewage Water Samples and their Effectiveness in Combating Multi-drug Resistant Bacteria’ Poster for the TRU Undergraduate Research Conference (2023)
  • This was the project related to my Research Apprenticeship I did with Dr. Cheeptham.
  • ‘Isolation of Bacteriophages from Sewage Water Samples and their Effectiveness in Combating Multi-drug Resistant Bacteria’ Poster for the TRU Undergraduate Research Conference (2024)
  • This was the project related to my Directed Studies I did with Dr. Cheeptham.
  • BIOL 3000 Biometrics Infographic
  • This mini project involved students to use secondary sources to create a infographic related to any topic we deemed important. The data shown was evaluated using R software.
  • BIOL 4130 Molecular Evolution ‘Climate Change and Molecular Evolution’ Presentation
  • My partner and I conducted a presentation discussing ‘Climate Change and Molecular Evolution’ to our class. Below is the presentation.
  • BIOL 3520 Cell Physiology Presentation
  • We had to choose a specific scientific article, related to any topic discussed in the material of the Cell Physiology course, and provide a ten minute presentation about it to the class. My presentation was on ‘Autophagy impairment is involved in midazolam-induced lipid droplet accumulation and consequent phagocytosis decrease in BV2 cells’.
  • ‘Isolation of Bacteriophages from Sewage Water Samples and their Effectiveness in Combating Multi-drug Resistant Bacteria’ Extended Abstract
  • As a part of my Research Apprenticeship, I created an extended abstract to summarize the main findings from the experiment. This extended abstract was also presented on my poster as a QR code. The purpose of the QR code was so that individuals who wanted to learn more about the presentation or did not have time to listen to my presentation could read more about it later on their own time.
  • Research Ambassador Knowledge Mobilization through tabling events
  • As a Research Ambassador, our main goal is to advocate and advertise research to the undergraduate students at TRU. Whether that is holding events like Strike a Match, In a Nutshell, or simply tabling around campus to spread the word, our team tries to speak to as many students possible to get more students interested in research.
  • Microbiology Exhibit at the Kamloops Library by Dr. Cheeptham’s Research Group
  • To bridge microbiology with our community, Dr. Cheeptham’s Research Group decided to hold a microbiology exhibit at the Kamloops Art Gallery to explain to our community the work that is being done in her lab. Below are some photos and videos of the exhibit that specifically highlight the project I worked on.
  • https://www.cbc.ca/player/play/1.7132074